The Toho Titanium Group pursues the infinite possibility of titanium and related technologies, and contributes to building a sustainable society by continuously supplying excellent products and services.
To put our Management Philosophy into practice, we adhere to the following three Fundamental Policies.
- We give the highest priority to safety and compliance and operate a healthy and fair business.
- We practice innovation and creativity to achieve continuous growth for our employees and organization.
- We enhance communication with all stakeholders including customers, local communities, and shareholders, to develop relationships of mutual trust and symbiosis.
Code of Conduct
Toho Titanium Group established Code of Conduct with 31 items to embody Fundamental Policy.
1. Usefulness in Society
- We will produce products and provide services that are innovative and useful to society.
2. Human Rights Protection and Work Environment
2.1 Respect for Human Rights
- We respect human rights and diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of gender, age, race, nationality, beliefs, religion, disability, social status, sexual orientation, etc.
We will take measures to prevent various types of harassment and other acts denying people's dignity, unfair treatment, and discrimination in the workplace and business.
- We respect international norms of human rights and will not engage in child labor, forced labor, slave labor, or any other activities that encourage those practices.
- We will manage working hours properly and will strive to realize a good work-life balance.
- We respect rights of workers to organize and bargain collectively and will strive to ensure smooth communication between labor and management.
- We respect privacy and will properly manage the personal information of our stakeholders.
2.2 Occupational Health & Safety
- We will strive to ensure and maintain an appropriate workplace environment and working conditions, and will prevent occupational accidents and illnesses, in order to realize a safe, hygienic, and rewarding work environment.
- We will strictly manage chemical substances in our products and in production processes and disclose to the supply chain appropriate information about such substances in accordance with laws and regulations of each country, so that they do not threaten human health and safety.
3. Fair Business Activities
3.1 Compliance with Laws and Regulations
- We will conduct our business activities in compliance with the laws and regulations of each countries concerned.
3.2 Product Quality and Safety
- We will create value that meets customer expectations and will provide safe and high-quality products and services.
3.3 Fair Transactions
- We will not pursue profits by unfair or improper means, but will conduct sound competition and fair trade in compliance with the competition laws of each country.
- We will build equal and fair business relationships with our suppliers.
- We respect the intellectual property of third parties.
- We will comply with trade control regulations of each country and will not be involved in transactions that threaten peace and security.
- We will not engage in the procurement of "conflict minerals" or other transactions that may encourage regional conflicts or human rights infringement.
- We will cut off relationships with "antisocial forces" and will not participate in money laundering.
3.4 Prevention of Corruption
- We will not promise, offer, permit or provide to or receive from public officials or business partners any economic or other benefits that are beyond the scope of permissible under law and the social standards.
- We will perform our duties in good faith and will not try to acquire a gain for ourselves or third parties against the interest of our company.
3.5 Accounting, Tax, Financial information, etc.
- We will properly perform accounting, keep accounting records, process accounting, and pay taxes in accordance with laws, accounting standards, and internal rules.
- We will disclose financial and other information in a timely and appropriate manner in accordance with laws, regulations, stock exchange rules and other applicable rules.
- We will not engage in insider trading or any act that could cause insider trading.
3.6 Administration and Utilization of Company Assets and Information
- We will work to properly manage and effectively utilize assets and information of our company in order to create value for society through our business activities.
- We will not use the company's assets for private use or other purpose that is not related to the company's business.
- We will strictly manage confidential information and take necessary steps to prevent the leakage of such information.
3.7 Protection of Whistleblowers
- We will maintain the confidentiality of whistleblowing and will not take any action that may be against the interest of whistleblowers.
4. Environmental Protection and Harmonious Coexistence with Society
4.1 Environmentally Friendly Business Activities
- We will strive to reduce environmental impact by effective use of resources, energy saving, and expanded recycling, in cooperation with other companies in the supply chain, throughout our business activities, including planning, procurement, production, delivery, sales, and storage.
- We will rigorously prevent environmental pollution in order to protect the local environment.
We will also contribute to the beautification around our business sites.
4.2 Information Disclosure and Communication
- We will promote communication with customers, suppliers, shareholders, employees, governments, local communities and other stakeholders, and will increase management transparency and fulfill our accountability about our activities.
4.3 Harmony with and Contribution to Local Communities
- We will respect the cultures and customs of the country and region in our business activities.
- We will contribute to local communities as a good corporate citizen.
- As a member of the local community, we will advance disaster prevention measures in cooperation with the local community.
As a member of the supply chain, we will also take measures to fulfill our supply responsibilities in case of various disasters.
Any violation of this Code of Conduct may be subject to disciplinary action in accordance with the internal rules of each group company.
Medium to Long Term Basic Policy